We would express our gratitude to the following people and/or institutions because they made our research possible.
- Dr Emili Saló, at Planarian lab (UB), was the postdoctoral advisor of Josep F Abril.
- Dr Roderic Guigó, at Genome Bioinformatics Lab (UPF), was the predoctoral advisor of Josep F Abril.
- We would like to thank Dr Francesc Villaroya and Dr Florenci Serras, who made possible that our computational lab became a reality. The Institut de Biomedicina de la Universitat de Barcelona provided the room and some funding to set up the lab, which we share with Dr Xavier Barril’s group.
- We wish to thank Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación from Spanish government for the research project grant (BFU2009-09102) which allowed us to start this group.
- We were able to establish scientific collaborations and share lab expertise with Dr Luca Gentile lab at Münster (Germany), thanks to Acciones Integradas Hispano-Alemanas (AIB2010DE-00402) for the 2010-2012 period.
- Dr Josep F Abril and PhD student Natalia Timoneda participate in a RecerCaixa’2012 research project, directed by Dra Rosina Gironés (2012ACUP-00330).
- S. Castillo-Lara was granted with a PhD grant (FI-FDR, 2017FI_B_00191) from Agency for Management of University and Research Grants (AGAUR).
- S. Castillo-Lara received a studentship to collaborate at the Genetics Department during 2016/2017 course, from Ministerio de Educación, Spanish Goverment.
- S. Castillo-Lara received the studenship “Summer Research in Genetics” grant from University of Barcelona.
- Natalia Timoneda was supported on 2011 by a grant (CGL2010-15395) from Spanish Goverment Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación.
- Marta Rodríguez received a studentship to collaborate at the Genetics Department during 2010/2011 course, from Ministerio de Educación, Spanish Goverment (BOE ORDEN EDU/1464/2011).